What is the sticky post?
Sticky Post option will stick a post to the front page. You can set some posts as Sticky to make them appear above the other posts. This allows highlighting specific posts.
For example – Say you have 10 posts published. Then by default post will publish in reverse chronological order. That means posts will display in order 10,9,8,7 and so on. Consider 5th post is marked as sticky. Then it will display at the top of the page. So the sequence for the posts will be 5,10,9,8 and so on.
How to mark a post as a sticky?
- From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Posts > All Posts.
- Edit the post that you wish to set as sticky.
- In the right column, in Public box find setting Visibility for and click on Edit.
- For the public, tick the option Stick this post to the front page.
- Click on ok and update the post.